FUMC Marietta, GA- Church: Methodist, Local Church Service
Wednesday, May 22, 2013
Great Day of Service Registration 2013
Great Day of Service
Saturday, April 27, 2013
Enter the your 1st, 2nd, and 3rd choice of project from the list below.
Please register by Wednesday, April 24 at noon.
If you do not pick a specific project, you'll be assigned based on need.
Nursery provided for age 2 and under with reservation. Contact Forrest Cate at 770-429-7800 ext. 7806 or firstname.lastname@example.org
1. enAble of Georgia – Work with residents in landscape and maintenance of the grounds. Pressure washing, clean up yards, trim shrubs, plant flowers, spread pine straw. Family Friendly, 13 and over with parent/guardian.
10500 Crabapple Road Roswell 30076
2. Simple Needs GA – Assembling duffle bags with toiletries and assembling cleaning kits for low income families and those living in homeless shelters. Family Friendly, under 18 requires parent or guardian. 991 Industrial Park Drive Marietta 30062
3. Stop Hunger Now – Package vitamin and nutrient rich meal packages to support school feeding programs and crisis relief. Family Friendly, minimum age 5. Limited to 40 volunteers.
4. Adairsville Tornado Relief – Project will be determined by Adairsville FD depending on volunteers signed up. Needs range from roofing, painting, yard clean up, sorting and organizing donations, preparing meals for volunteers. Can be Family Friendly.
5. Hollydale UMC – Painting, TLC for bathrooms. Yardwork including pine straw, overseeding grass, trimming shrubs, planting flowers. Family Friendly. 2364 Powder Springs Road Marietta 30064
6. Neighbors in Need – Assist with “Honey Do” lists of congregation members and friends. Family Friendly. If you know of someone who is a Neighbor in Need please let us know so we can add their project.
7. Prayer Garden – Repair wooden walkway border to prayer garden and Labyrinth. Yardwork including mulch for path, trimming shrubs.
8. Children's Projects – Various activities will be available in the FUSE box.
9. Habitat for Humanity – Habitat home will be in it's second build day, which involves lots of hammering. Interior walls, door and window frames, installing hurricane straps. Age 18 and up. 1718 Aircraft Drive Marietta 30060
10. Homebound Visits – Visit with members who are unable to attend worship, let them know we remember and care for them. Family Friendly.
11. Baby Blankets for Kennestone – Bring your own sewing machine and help create baby blankets.
12. Comfort Kits – Organize kits for patients of Good Samaritan Healthcare of Cobb and Children's Healthcare. Please see list of items needed for donation. Family Friendly.
13. Park on Polk and Church Grounds – Spreading pine straw and planting flowers. Family Friendly.
14. Union Chapel UMC – Grading and landscaping to help with drainage. 264 Fowler Circle Marietta 30060
15. YWCA of Northwest Georgia – Spreading pine straw and weeding. 48 Henderson Street Marietta 30064
16. Picnic in the Park – Fun and Fellowship with residents of MUST supportive housing.
17. No Sew Blankets for Pediatric Chemo Patients at AFLAC Cancer Center – Blankets are cut and ends tied to form finished edge.
18. Columbia Theological Seminary – Senior and Junior High Youth will work in the community garden. 7001 S. Columbia Drive Decatur 30030
19. Crafton Center at the Women's Extension – Several projects, including tomato staking; painting; and hanging mirrors in resident bedrooms. 130 Holiday Street Marietta 30060
20. Community Garden in the Park on Polk - Help prepare garden for spring and summer vegetable planting. Family Friendly.
21. Pavers around the Restroom Facility - Lay paver patio around new restroom facility. Family Friendly.
For information or to pre-sign up for a project, contact Forrest Cate or 770-429-7800 x 7806 or
Carolyn Diffenderfer or 678-402-6864
Items needed for comfort kits: travel size shampoo, conditioner, tissues, toothpaste, deodorant, dental floss, lotion, toothbrush, nail file, soap, washcloth, pens, note paper. Small books of crossword puzzles, soduku, etc. Past issues of Guidepost. Gallon size ziplock bags.
If you cannot participate on GDOS but wish to help with these projects, monetary donations can be made through the church, designate for Great Day of Service – Local Missions.